Overloaded electrical outlet sparks Lincoln house fire

Overloaded electrical outlet sparks Lincoln house fire

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) – Lincoln Fire and Rescue said an overloaded electrical outlet is to blame for a house for near 40th and A Streets early Sunday morning.

LFR Captain Nancy Crist said crews were called to a report of a kitchen fire inside a home just before 6 a.m. Crist said that once crews were inside, they were able to put out the flames, but faced extensive obstacles in trying to do so. Crist said that further investigating revealed more fire in the basement, which crews then had to go and extinguish. Once that part of the fire was discovered, additional crews were called in to assist with fighting the flames.

Capt. Crist says that crews were able to safely rescue one cat, but added that another is missing. Crist says at least two occupants have been displaced. No injuries have been reported.

LFR said that the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet that included a space heater, and caused $175,000 in damage.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue battles a two-alarm house fire on A Street, just east of 40th Street,...
Lincoln Fire & Rescue battles a two-alarm house fire on A Street, just east of 40th Street, Sunday morning.(Lincoln Fire & Rescue)
Lincoln Fire & Rescue battles a two-alarm house fire just east of 40th & A Streets Sunday...
Lincoln Fire & Rescue battles a two-alarm house fire just east of 40th & A Streets Sunday morning.(Ryan Swanigan (KOLN))

https://www.1011now.com/2022/11/13/lfr-faces-elements-obstacles-during-two-alarm-house-fire-sunday-morning/

CMR Construction & Roofing. Kalitta Motorsports extend into 2023 season Previous post CMR Construction & Roofing. Kalitta Motorsports extend into 2023 season
11 Celeb Design Stars Share the Gifts They Would Love to Give or Receive This Season Next post 11 Celeb Design Stars Share the Gifts They Would Love to Give or Receive This Season